Sunday, April 18, 2010

My New Quilt

My grandmother (Betty Jones) has a unique gift for sewing and quiltmaking, and I just happened to mention several months ago that I had a bunch of sentimental t-shirts, jerseys, and sweatshirts from my old ball-playing days that I wanted to keep, but that I wasn't really sure what to do with them.

Well, she came up with the perfect solution!  She turned them into a quilt that'll be a keepsake I'll treasure forever:





















She was even able to take some game-action photos and have them somehow imprinted on the material:





















Here's the cool "basketball backing material" she found:


And finally, this is perhaps my favorite part:





















Thanks, Granny.  You're the best!  I love you!


  
    

















  
  

7 comments:

jwtn said...

Very special granny & quilt you have there Lang!

Anonymous said...

Very Nice!

Deborah said...

That is so sweet! :)

Leslie Woods said...

Wow! That is "sew" incredible! What a special treasure you have!

MS said...

Sorry, Lang. That woman does *not* look old enough to be your Grandma.

Seriously, that's a cool idea, and I love the close-up on the '89 stat champs :)

Anonymous said...

That is such a wonderful gift from your grandmother! If she is taking orders and going into business,I want to be one of her customers!

Carol said...

Love this story ... I make tshirt quilts too, and it's good to know how much they're appreciated. Your grandma did a great job!