Friday, September 18, 2009

Let's Make a Deal About that Tea Party Protest Video Ya'll Democrats Keep Circulating...

I keep seeing my Democrat friends post the video of the "journalist" who found and interviewed some of the 9/12 Tea Party Protesters.  (The video is here.).  It's all over Facebook and Twitter, and I even have people who send the video directly to me seeking comment/explanation as some sort of "gotcha game" or something. 

I guess the idea is that if the local Republican Party Chairman can't find a way to rationalize or defend a few ignorant people who were hand-selected from a crowd of thousands and thousands, then the entire conservative movement must somehow be ignorant and void of principle.

But here's the thing -- and I'll offer to make this deal with my Democrat friends -- if ya'll don't ask me to defend the video of a few ignorant, so-called conservatives, then I won't ask you to defend the videos showing the stupidity of ya'll's voters either:







The point is that I don't really take much from this type of "journalism" -- on either side.  Indeed, we're dealing with thousands and thousands of people on both sides, and it's not all that hard to pick and choose a few idiots from either side in order to try and make a point. The problem is that anecdotees don't really tell you much.

None of this stuff really constitutes analysis (or even a representative sentiment).  Is it humorous?  Yes.  But is it useful?  Not really.  There's plenty of that sort of thing to go around on both sides.

So let's make that deal, okay?

4 comments:

Wintermute said...

To paraphrase Jesus, "The STUPID will always be with us."

wiselady52 said...

It's amazing how uninformed people can be in this age of instant information. I think one reason may be information overkill. We're bombarded with so much information, it's hard to take it all in and filter through it to get to the meat of an issue. Then again you also have stupid people, lazy people and people who just don't care (they're stupid too).

Anonymous said...

dang mom......


RW

Sharon said...

Thanks for the laughs, I had not seen all of those. Reminds me of Jay Leno's man on the street interviews. I love the one where he asks a lady "how many stars does that flag (US) have?" She says, "I don't know, it's moving too fast (in the wind) to count!"